Lim Geomatics Inc. goes west with a new office in Calgary
go to site April 10, 2018, Calgary, AB – As part of the company’s 12‐year evolution and strategic growth plan, Lim Geomatics Inc. is heading west to Calgary, Alberta.
“We have been doing business in Alberta and British Columbia for a number of years, with some of our key clients in the area,” says Dr. Kevin Lim, President and CTO, Lim Geomatics. “The decision to open a physical presence in Western Canada makes absolute sense with our growth plan.”
Lim Geomatics works on projects and with clients across the two provinces in the agriculture, forestry and oil and gas industries. With this expansion, the technology firm will create a software development group based in Calgary that will work in tandem with the rest of the team at the company’s head office in Ottawa, Ontario.
“This is a very exciting time for us,” says Dr. Lim. “We are looking forward to continue working with our current clients and bringing on additional projects in new business verticals.”
Alberta and British Columbia share a rich history of responsible resource development, whether that’s in farming, forestry or oil and gas extraction. Lim Geomatics has unrivalled experience and expertise in creating decision‐support tools for the natural resources sector. The firm has developed a suite of sought‐after web, mobile and desktop applications that introduce powerful geospatial capability into every stage of forestry operations, from strategic planning to harvesting to hauling wood to the mill.
Lim Geomatics is also a trusted advisor and ally for companies working in diverse fields and anticipates tapping into the inherent entrepreneurial spirit of Canada’s western provinces. With this new office in Calgary, Lim Geomatics looks forward to fostering new relationships with organizations curious about the transformative potential of geospatial technology.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated UI/UX Designer to help us take the next step in our 12-year evolution. If you ‘re passionate and care about:
- Working with an amazing team of GIS architects, designers, and front and back-end developers
- Professional development and self-motivated learning
- Using best practices, tools, languages and frameworks; and
- Innovating during your day job using some of the latest geomatics technologies
Then, the individual we’re looking for should have experience with:
- Gathering and evaluating user requirements in collaboration with product managers and developers
- Hands-on involvement in developing UI mockups and prototypes for web applications and mobile applications
- Designing graphic user interface elements
- Preparing and presenting rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identifying and troubleshooting UX problems
- Experience working in a technology team
- Knowledge of one or more of the following:
- – One or more wireframe tools (e.g. Balsamiq Mockups, Wireframe.cc, Invision)
- – One or more design software tools (e.g. Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop)
Familiarity with any of the following would be considered an asset:
- Web accessibility standards and best practices
While all applications will be reviewed, only chosen candidates will be contacted.
We offer a competitive compensation plan that includes benefits and professional development incentives. Occasional travel will be required.
Founded in 2006, Lim Geomatics is an industry-leading and award-winning GIS software development company. Headquartered in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, we specialize in building GIS web and mobile apps powered by the ArcGIS mapping platform.
Lim Geomatics is Partners with: